Milton Disinfecting Fluid 5 Litre 2 Pack
4.8 out of 5 stars (12)
good value for money
Cost effective and lasts a long time
Get fast & free next working day delivery when you spend £50 (ex.VAT) and place your order before 4pm (mainland UK). If you are one of our lovely customers in Scotland, please place your orders as early as possible.
Orders under £50 (ex.VAT) will incur a packing and handling fee which will be calculated at the checkout.
Check out the full Delivery & Returns policy for all of the information on delivery and returns.
This product doesn't fall into the criteria for being eligible for VAT exemption, so we are unable to offer VAT relief.
For the safe cleaning and sterilising a wide range of tools, the Milton steriliser has been used in the medical industry for many years. This disinfecting fluid is formulated from a non-hazardous chlorine based bleaching agent that effectively kills off bacteria, fungi and viruses in under 15 minutes. Suitable for use in hospitals and care homes, this large 5 litre bottle boasts a durable handle and screw down lid allowing it to be stored safely until required. Milton steriliser can be used for everything including bottles, bed pans, urinals and plastic protective clothing among other items, Milton is also suitable for sanitising water before drinking or washing foods to remove pesticides or growing agents.
- Extremely safe and trusted by many for over 60 years
- Easy and quick to dilute and use - can be distributed in spray bottles, buckets or sinks
- Milton steriliser kills bacteria, fungi and viruses in 15 minutes
- Aqueous solution of sodium hypochlorite and sodium chloride
- Chlorine levels - 10000ppm with water
- Non hazardous and required no skin protection
- Suitable for use with newborn baby bottles and residential waste items
- Volume: 5 litre
- Pack size: 2
- In 5 minutes: bactericidal according to EN1276 (0.5% dosage) and EN13697 (1.8% dosage) in clean conditions
- In 15 minutes: fungicidal EN1275, virucidal NFT72180. Kills rotavirus
How do I use Milton steriliser?
- Prepare a bucket of water with 5 litres of water and your required concentration of Milton
- Ensure the utensils has been pre-cleaned of dirt and soil before placing in the bucket
- Wait just 15 minutes
- Remove, dry (no need to rinse!) and the utensil is sterilised and ready to use
- The steriliser will last up to 24 hours for continuous sterilising action
How much Milton steriliser do I need to add to my bucket of water?
- For bottles and teats, use 15ml for every 2.5 litres of water
- For utensils for internal bodily use, use 50ml for every 1 litre of water
- For irrigating burns and wounds, use 50ml for every 1 litre of water
- For preventing food poisoning, use 15ml for every 2.5 litres of water in raw meats, fruits and vegetables
- For disinfecting surfaces and chopping boards use 45ml for every 2.5 litres of water
- For drinking water use 2.5ml for every 5 litres of water