There aren't any reviews for this product yet. If you have one, we'd love to hear it.
There aren't any questions for this product yet
As you will likely be aware, the current Coronavirus pandemic is causing huge demands not just to ourselves but also to our delivery partners. We continue to use a next day delivery service (when selected) and aim to get orders placed before 5pm onto lorries, however in these uncertain times we're estimating 2-3 days delivery rather than next day.
Please note that if you are wanting delivery to Scotland our cut-off is a bit earlier at 3pm.
Check out the full Delivery & Returns policy for all of the information on delivery and returns.
This product has been classified as being VAT exemptible for eligable registered Charities. Please check our guidelines on eligability.
Make sure you're logged in, to display VAT relief on this product.
Ideal for use in care homes, the TranstexTM Evacuation Sheet has been specially designed for situations that require the rapid evacuation of patients or residents. In emergencies, it can be quickly and easily wrapped around the patient to form a protective sledge, whilst cocooning them within their mattress: drag loops at the head and foot of the sheet enable the patient to be swiftly towed to safety.
- Quick and easy evacuation for patients/residents
- Low maintenance product
- Easy laundering
- Latex free
- Size: 185 x 85cm
- Capacity: maximum patient weight = 400kg. Safe working load = 160kg
- Colour: Red
Usage and safety:
- Securing around the mattress: choose from the following two methods:
- use the Velcro straps to secure the sheet to the bed frame
- use the elastic straps to loop around each end of the mattress
- Installation and set-up: remove mattress from bed base and place the evacuation sheet over the bed base, so that the sheet is completely flat. Place the mattress/support surface over the evacuation sheet and refit the bed sheet. Pull the 4 elastic corners over the mattress, ensuring they are easily accessible and the evacuation sheet is correctly supported.
- Instructions for use: the evacuation sheet should be used in conjunction with a standard foam mattress. Prior to the evacuation, pull straps from under the mattress and secure around the patient using the heavy-duty clips. It is advisable to place the patientâ€™s pillow across the chest to reduce the risk of minor injuries during evacuation. Pull out the 2 pulling straps: the evacuation sheet is now ready for use.
- Evacuation: it is recommended to conduct evacuation with a minimum of 2 people, with one at each end of the device. Firstly, hold the pulling straps firmly at the bottom of the bed; pull the device; turn it to the side of the mattress and then off the bed. The second person should support the head end as the mattress slides off; the first person then pulls the mattress to a safe area.
- Maintenance: the TranstexTM Evacuation Sheet is a low maintenance product: however, regular inspections are recommended in order to ensure the product remains in safe working order.
- Cleaning: the manufacturer advises the following guidelines when cleaning the evacuation sheet.
- if the sheet is lightly soiled, it can be wiped clean using a diluted chlorine-based solution, or sterilisation fluid
- if the sheet is heavily soiled, it can be
machine-washed using standard hospital guidelines HSG(95)18. Maximum
recommended wash temperature is 800 C: if required, the sheet can be
tumble-dried at a low temperature. Do not use bleaching agents
N.B. When conducting repositioning and manual handling, it is recommended
to seek advice from a manual handling expert.