A huge thank you to our customers for their patience and support and to our staff and suppliers for their hard work in dealing with the uncharted challenges of the last few weeks.
Whilst customers are stocking up, our wonderful team are working seriously hard to fulfill the orders and also care for loved ones.
We want to let you know that looking after our customers is our priority at Gompels, ensuring that you have what we need, as close as possible to when we need it.
We are working hard to keep you supplied:
- Early on in the crisis, we closed our doors to new customers
- We are working on new software to help manage and control the massive demand on the basis that we need to get something to everyone and yet acknowledge that larger customers need more.
- We massively increased the orders placed with our suppliers as early as we knew the scale of the increases. On some products, we have what would normally be “years” worth of stock on order.
- Suppliers have been paid up front in order to expedite orders and put us at the front of the queue
- Where we had no option, we agreed to higher purchase prices to make sure that we had some stock
At the end of w/c 9th March, we experienced a far bigger surge than we thought was possible. In 2 days, over 2 weeks of orders were placed. We then took the difficult decision to decline further orders so that we could catch up and manage expectations.
We expect to be back online sometime around the 25th March with some fresh stock and a way of giving our regular customers a controllable way of ordering supplies.